13 September 2015

Bridges on Stamps

Today Sunday Stamps- II is about Bridges. This is a favourite of mine, and I have dedicated some posts to this topic (1, 2, 3).

Some stamps that (I think) I had not posted before:

France
The Seine River in Paris (37 bridges within the city).


Italy
One of the 383 bridges of the Rhaetian Railway.
Part of it is a UNESCO WHS.



The Netherlands
Millau Viaduct in France
The stamps commemorate de 125th anniversary
of Arcadis. This is the complete set.



Taiwan
Do you recognise this bridge?



UK
The Iron Bridge

The A-Z stet of stamps (2011)

UK
Craigellachie Bridge

The whole set, issued in March 2015

10 comments:

  1. I love the soaring Italian bridge with its train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent selection! I think I might have that Paris-Seine stamp somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamps!

    And posted in a nice way, according to the similarities: the two above both stone made (the second with longer 'legs' than the Parisian bridge), the two iron below with a bow under the roadway. Great! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always find something 'extra' in the posts!

      I've been lately looking at the Danish/Swedish series "Broen/Bron". I was expecting someone posting about the Oresund bridge!

      Delete
  4. Great collection. The Ironbridge stamp however was from the A-Z of Britain Series First Series issued 13 October 2011 which also contained the Forth Railway Bridge. Craigellachie was in the March 2015 set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, of course. I have corrected the information, thank you very much.
      I think I was confused because I received both together.

      Delete
  5. Bridges are a beloved theme of mine as well. That one of the Seine is a magnificent view. But, I think the Italy one is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be the favourite of many! But the stamp is indeed dedicated to the railway :)

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.