14 February 2016

Red Hearts on Stamps

The theme for today in Sunday Stamps II is the colour red. I have been receiving some red hearts lately...


These arrived on a New Year cover sent by Phillip (the USA). It is made of a grocery bag. And he made quite a few (a, b, c, d...)!



Every year, since 2000, for Valentine day, La Poste (the French postal service) issues postage stamps designed by the greatest names in the French fashion industry. This is last year's. Click here to see the designs.



One of the three Child care stamps issued in the Netherlands on 6 November 1991. Click here to see the set.



Stamp issued by CTT (the Portuguese postal service) in 2013, showing the art of Joana Vasconcelos.




The stamp below is more orange than red. But still it has a heart (with more hearts inside. Do you notice them in spite of the dark postmarks?). It was issued by Correos (the Spanish postal service) on 16 January 2015. It commemorates the 25th Anniversary of the National Transplant Organisation (ONT). More information here.



I also received the famous quilled paper heart forever stamp, issued on 12 January 2016m created by artist Yulia Brodskaya.



And of course... A love letter!

14 comments:

  1. I chose red as a theme as I thought hearts might be hard to find, but you did well with finding so many!!
    The new US heart is lovely. I hope to get one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I have received even more hearts on stamps, but I had already published the rest. I love the colur-based themes!

      Delete
  2. You have some gorgeous hearts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! I never considered hearts at all. The Portugese stamp has all the curves in the right places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know why hearts are so common on stamps, but I receive quite a few.

      Delete
  4. Great to see all the hearts. And nice to see the paper bag envelope after its journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did a great job with those shopping bags!

      Delete
  5. after seeing your choices here I believe that if I was not so lazy and did some better digging into my collections, I would have come up with something more reddish and appropriate for today's theme :)
    I really love that Dutch stamp...I dont think I've seen it before on my mail....should check that

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great assortment! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and many thanks for your visit and comment.

      Delete
  7. Aquests posts et deuen costar una feinada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no. Quan rebo segells que m'agraden els faig una foto i els guardo. Després, quan veig el tema, sovint ja els tenia al cap. La veritat és que m'agrada fer-los perquè aprenc un munt de coses dels països. Una manera com una altra!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.