10 December 2015

Sparrows And Camellia In Snow



This postcard sent by Eva also belongs to my Japan Week (1, 2, 3). I just receive it later because it was sent to Spain.

The sender says that the postcard represents the pilosophers' way in Kyoto. The stamp is one of the four paintings of Utagawa Hiroshige chosen for the International Letter Writing Week. The title of the painting is Sparrows and Camellia in Snow, and it was inspired by a beautiful winter poem (See here).


And, while I was writing this post, another stamp arrived, from the International Letter Writing Week 2015! (I think it is another painting by Utagawa Hiroshige, but I am not completely sure).

2 comments:

  1. Happy to see that card again....and j'aime tres biens tes recherches sur les timbres. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cette carte postale m'a fait beaucoup de plaisir.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.